iXCells Biotech provides custom genome editing in human cells, including cell lines and patient-derived cells. Although genome editing is not applicable in many somatic cell types, our iPSC products and services can be flexibly tailored to your needs by genome editing. To order custom genome editing service, please contact us.
Multiple cell types:
- Human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs): we provide genome editing in patient-derived iPSCs (generated from skin fibroblasts or blood cells), which can be further differentiated into any cell types in the body (neurons, cardiomyocytes, hepatocytes, pancreatic beta cells, and more) carrying the mutations.
- Human cell lines
- Human embryonic stem cells (hESCs)
- Mouse cell lines
- Gene knock-out
- Gene knock-in
- Gene mutation
- Mutation correction
The service will cover, but not limited to, the following steps (You can add/remove the items and customize into an individual package. A quotation will be sent to you after evaluation):
|CSGE-01||Target sequence design and/or repair template|
|CSGE-02||Plasmid DNA construction|
|CSGE-03||Recovery of the cells provided by the customer|
|CSGE-04||Human pathogen panel screening|
|CSGE-07||Screening of the selected clones (PCR, sequencing, antibody staining, etc.)|
|CSGE-08||Expansion and cryopreservation of the positive and/or negative clones|
|CSGE-09||Confirmation of the genomic sequence of the established clones|
|CSGE-10||Validate two off-target sites|
Genome Editing Service Workflow:
What information should I provide to get a quote?
You will need to fill in the questionnaire (Link) form. Briefly you will need to provide the cells to be edited, the Gene name & accession number, the genomic sequence before/after editing, the insertion/deletion locus if specified, and the validation methods if specified.
What do I need to supply for this service?
- Cells to be edited: Two vials of frozen stocks on dry ice or one T25 flask of live cells per sample. The cells have to be actively dividing cells. Non-dividing cells or slow-proliferating cells are not able to be edited. iXCells also provides a wide collection of primary cells/iPSCs (link) for the customers to choose from.
- Recipe of the culture media.
- Culture protocol.
- Pathogen screening data.
- Transfection protocol if available.
How long is the turnaround time?
It takes 2-4 months depending on the recovery of the cells provided by the customer, the proliferation rate and transfection efficiency of the cells, and validation assays requested by the customer.
What are the deliverables?
We will ship 3 frozen vials of each clone to the customer. Live cultures are available upon requests. We will also provide characterization data in publication-ready format.
What do you provide as technical support?
We will provide 1) the gene editing method we used to edit the cell line; 2) the recovery and maintenance method after you receive the cells; 3) Cell recovery and live culture delivery if desired; 4) in-house training course if desired.