Genome Editing Services
iXCells offers complete genome editing services according to your specifications to help you accelerate your research. Our experts have extensive experience in various types of gene editing including a SNP replacement, large reporter gene knock-in and pieces of DNA knock-out in iPSC and other cell lines using CRISPR/Cas9 technology. It can be done with in-house iPSC lines or custom-provided cell lines. For cell lines derived from patients, they need to have been tested to be negative for Mycoplasma, HIV, Hepatitis B and C. The service takes from 2 to 5 months to complete including delivery of 2-3 clones, which are sequence confirmed for right editing. We can keep you timely updated and our scientists are always ready when you have questions during the process. The final project report will be provided when the study is completed.
iXCells GE Service Capabilities
Types of Gene Editing
- Zinc finger
Types of Cells
- Stem cells
- Non-stem cell lines
Types of Services
- Reporters, exon duplication, overexpression, safe harvest sites etc.
- Frameshift, stop codon, fragment deletion
- Point mutation
- Single nucleotide mutation, small fragment replacement
Special Designs for KI and KO
- KI of NGN2 at genomic safe harbor sites
- Duplication of Exons
- Luciferase, fluorescence marker and label tags KI for different genes
- KO by frame shift
- KO by introducing stop codon
- KO by large fragment deletion
Why Choose Us
Expertise in iPSC Culture
High Efficiency Genome Editing
- Time effective
- High efficiency
- No need for plasmid
- Increase HDR efficiency for identifying KI clones
High Efficiency for Single Clone Generation
Single Cell Picker
- Increase single cell survival
- Easy single clone generation
- No cell damaging by sorting
- Less labor intensity
KI Sequence Confirmed by Sanger Sequencing
Genome Editing Service Workflow:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
You will need to fill in the questionnaire (Link) form. Briefly you will need to provide the cells to be edited, the Gene name, KI/the insertion/deletion locus if specified, and the validation methods if specified.
- Cells to be edited: Two vials of frozen stocks on dry ice or one T25 flask of live cells per sample. The cells have to be actively dividing cells. Non-dividing cells or slow-proliferating cells are not able to be edited. iXCells also provides a wide collection of primary cells/iPSCs (link) for the customers to choose from.
- Recipe of the culture media.
- Culture protocol.
- Pathogen screening data.
- Transfection protocol if available.
It takes 2-5 months depending on the recovery of the cells provided by the customer, the proliferation rate and transfection efficiency of the cells, and validation assays requested by the customer.
We will ship 3 frozen vials of each clone to the customer. Live cultures are available upon requests. We will also provide final report in publication-ready format.
We will provide 1) the gene editing method we used to edit the cell line; 2) the recovery and maintenance method after you receive the cells; 3) Cell recovery and live culture delivery if desired; 4) in-house training course if desired.